Articles and Rules
LONGFEI TAIJIQUAN ASSOCIATION OF GREAT BRITAIN
(LI TIAN-JI QUANFA ACADEMY)
RULES AND DETAILS OF ASSOCIATION
TRAINING SYSTEM: Taijiquan (Grand Ultimate Art of the Fist)
1. To foster the study of Taijiquan.
2. To follow the Taijiquan curriculum of the parent organisation, Li Tianji Quanfa Academy, Beijing, China.
3. To embrace and encourag the study of all Taijiquan systems and related subjects.
4. Bring the art of Taijiquan to the widest possible audience regardless of race or creed.
5. Develop friendship among fellow students and the general public.
6. Provide members with such services and support as may be available through their membership.
1. Membership is open to all persons taking part in the activities of the “Longfei Taijiquan Association”.
2. Membership is not obligatory, but is desirable after three months association.
3. Any individual of good character irrespective of race or creed can apply to join “Longfei Taijiquan Association”.
4. The current membership fee is £14.50 The fee secures membership to “Longfei Taijiquan Association” and the “British Council for Chinese Martial Arts”. BCCMA membership is on the basis of “personal dent/Liability Member to Member Insurance Memberships are valid for 1 year and members are responsible for their renewal. Longfei membership card and BCCMA Governing Body Licence will be issued.
5. Instructor members can apply and are encouraged to do so for their own benefit, to avail themselves of BCCMA professional Indemnity Insurance. (Indemnity £5,000 000.)
6. Membership fees are levied at the discretion of the management committee and subject to ratification at the Annual General Meeting.
7. Any club Chief Instructor reserves the right to withhold application for, or renewal of membership, subject to the final ruling on appeal to the management committee.
8. Instructor members will be encouraged to take advantage of BCCMA Coaching Courses.
1. Class instructors must at all times be aware of the health and safety regulations and their responsibility thereto.
2. For those adept at martial applications, be aware of your responsibilities both inside and outside the training area.
3. A friendly atmosphere should be cultivated at all times. An attitude of sportsmanship should be adopted, personal rivalry avoided.
4. When engaging in pushing hands, applications or any two person activities, all watches and jewellery must be removed. Wedding ring if not removed, must be covered with tape.
5. Loose casual clothing should be worn. Longfei tee shirts and sweat shirts are available for purchase and are prefered.
6. Punctuality to be observed by teachers and students.